Preaching for life change requires far less information and more application. Less explanation and more inspiration. Less first century and more twenty-first century. -Andy Stanley
Throughout the internet there are various sites that offer helpful preaching resources and tips. These are 5 of the sites that I currently find helpful and encourage you to check out.
- PreachingToday.com is a resource that I have used for years. Before the days of podcasts they used to have a tape /CD subscription that offered sermons and teaching workshops. This site offers tons of resources that are Free and you can also subscribe to the site for added features and unlimited content download.
- Preaching.com This is the site of Preaching Magazine edited by Michael Duduit. You will find articles, illustrations, book reviews and many other useful tools for preaching. They also have a weekly podcast with various preaching tips and interviews.
- Preaching.org site hosted by one of my friends and teacher Dr. Kenton Anderson. He has authored various books including Choosing To Preach. The sites has various book reviews, articles and resources. Check out the classroom section on Integrative Preaching.
- Propreacher.com a newer site that has great content, helps, and links. The goal of the site is to help Preachers preach better sermons.
- Headhearthand.org by Dr. David Murray author of How Sermons Work. The sites tag line is “Informing Minds. MovingHeart. Directing Hands.” The blog has lots of useful helps for preaching.
These are just a few of the many sites that I have found helpful online. I will post others as I come across them.
Are there some that you have used or would suggest that would help Inform and inspire better preaching?
What Preaching sites do you find helpful?
I have a conviction that no sermon is ready for preaching, not ready for writing out, until we can express its theme in a short, pregnant sentence as clear as a crystal. I find the getting of that sentence is the hardest, the most exacting, and the most fruitful labour in my study. – J.H. Jowett
Check out this video from Gospel Coalition answering the question, “Is Preaching Still Relevant?
John Piper, Voddie Baucham, and Miguel Nunez discuss the goal and authority of preaching.
- What is the goal of preaching?
- Is it still the best way to present the Word of God?
- What did you think of the discussion?
- Did you learn anything new that would help your preaching journey?
Expository Preaching is the communication of a biblical concept, derived from and transmitted through a historical, grammatical, and literary study of a passage in its context, which the Holy Spirit first applies to the personality and experience of the preacher, then through the preacher, applies to the hears. -Haddon W. Robinson
This video provides Creative Leadership tips from Chris Brown about Narrative Storytelling and Teaching.
Find more videos at http://thinkintl.tv/
- What do you think about the points he makes about storytelling?
- What does it look like to live the story?
- Was anything new or helpful to you for your preaching?
When I’m finished preaching, I want people in the audience to know what to do with what they have heard. And I want them to walk away motivated to give it a try. This goal flows from what I understand the Bible to teach regarding spiritual maturity. The way I read it, Spiritual maturity is gauged by application not contemplation. -Andy Stanley